We are looking for a Risk & Fraud Prevention Analytics Lead to be part of this amazing and fast-growing Fintech. At Clip this candidate will be a key member of the Risk & Fraud Prevention team with responsibility to deploy Risk & fraud Prevention analytical tools and models that will contribute to a more precise risk prediction and a leaner business strategy. S/He will be responsible for the development and validation of data science and machine learning models and their implementation. This person should thrive in a culture of decision based on analytics and Data Science, be able to detect deviations in the current models and provide a proactive approach to fix them or improve them. This candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish and be willing to continue learning and loving Analytics, Machine Learning and Data Science.
What will I do?
- Develop and implement comprehensive risk and fraud analysis models and business rules that balance loss, cost of execution, and customer experience.
- Identify risk factors and trends of potentially risky activities utilizing technical data analysis and statistical interpretation.
- Extract and analyze data, investigate data integrity, generate metrics, and perform data and portfolio analysis.
- Performs root cause analysis to identify opportunities to predict, prevent and mitigate risk within processes and performance.
- Partner with Data Science, Engineering, Product, Operations, and Business teams to conceive, design, and monitor risk & fraud strategies to mitigate risk in the most precise manner possible; recommend which product features to build and why.
- Collaborate and partner with internal business stakeholders to promote fraud related awareness and effect change - through the coordination of fraud detection monitoring of system enhancements and trends.
- Proven knowledge on risk analytics (Credit and fraud prevention), in the financial industry.
- Strong knowledge of lending and financial products and services industry, including key players and trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to create clear and concise summary documents of ongoing processes and provide detailed instructions to team members.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, makes recommendations, and/or escalates arising issues timely.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple projects efficiently in order to ensure projects are completed timely.
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with all management levels to assess business needs in a professional manner.
- Highly proficient in data analysis tools like SQL, R, phyton, etc.
- Creative problem solver and team-focused; can synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on a course of action, and rally teams and stakeholders alike.
- 6 or more years of experience in risk modeling and deployment, experience with traditional and non-traditional payments companie
- Extensive knowledge of card-not-present (CNP) and/or card-present fraud schemes in Mexico and Latin America, its risk prevention methods and the detection tools for all types of environments.
- Has the ability to analyze large transactional datasets, interpret ambiguous situations, and work in a high growth and vibrant work environment.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuary or Statistics and strong quantitative analytical experience, including background with statistical modeling & analysis. Nice to have
- This candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish and be willing to continue learning and loving Analytics, Machine Learning and Data Science.
In Clip, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clip does not discriminate under any basis of origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, disability, age or other legal status. Clip is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are unstoppable, creative and have the skills we need, we want to hear from you!