We are looking for a Collections Team Lead to be part of this amazing and fast-growing Fintech. At Clip this candidate will be a key member of the Risk & Fraud Prevention Team with responsibility to deploy Collections strategies and capabilities to ensure delivery on portfolio targets while managing customer experience. S/He will be accountable for Clip’s early and late collections policy implementation and for assuring that the KPIs are met by actively managing the collections strategy. This person should thrive in a culture of decision based on analytics and Data Science, be able to step-back and communicate both the strategy and immediate implications on priorities. This candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish and be willing to continue learning and loving Collections Management.
What will I do?
- Develop and implement comprehensive collections strategies that balance risk, cost of execution, and customer experience.
- Closely monitor strategy implementation and course-correct if necessary.
- Evaluate if the collections strategy is achieving the defined goals; propose adjustments when needed.
- Generate metrics to show the performance of collections efforts and portfolio status, for use in management reporting.
- Analyze root cause to identify opportunities to predict, prevent and mitigate risk within processes and performance.
- Partner with Data Science, Engineering, Product, Operations, and Business teams to recommend which product features to build and why.
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies and take actions to mitigate emerging risks with guidance from managers.
- Proven knowledge on the collections management of a consumer lending portfolio.
- Strong knowledge of lending and financial products and services industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to create clear and concise summary documents of ongoing processes and provide detailed instructions to team members.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, make recommendations, and/or escalate arising issues timely.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple projects efficiently in order to ensure projects are completed timely.
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with all management levels to assess business needs in a professional manner.
- At least 5 years of consumer collections management, experience with traditional and non-traditional payments companies.
- Should be (or have been) accountable for the collections activities and efforts of a medium or large credit granting company.
- Quantitative analytical experience is not required but highly welcomed.
- Has the ability to interpret ambiguous situations, and work in a high growth and vibrant work environment.
- Have a basic to intermediate understanding of data analysis tools like SQL, R, phyton, looker, etc.
- Creative problem solver and team-focused; can synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on a course of action, and rally teams and stakeholders alike.
In Clip, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clip does not discriminate under any basis of origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, disability, age or other legal status. Clip is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are unstoppable, creative and have the skills we need, we want to hear from you!
Please consult www.clip.com.mx to learn more about our privacy notice.